Before submitting a suggestion for the blog, please read through the following notes:
- Please use this tips form if you have something you want to suggest for the Laughing Squid blog.
Don’t send submissions or pitches via email or social media. All submissions should go through this tips form (this includes submissions from our friends). This really helps with our editorial process and the submissions from this form go directly into our Tips queue.
- For sponsored a blog posts, please see our advertising page.
- Keep in mind that we are not able to post everything that is suggested and at any given time we normally have a huge backlog of submissions.
- Before submitting something, please search the blog to make sure it has not already been posted.
- Only submit direct links to the submission item, not links to other blogs that have written about it.
- Don’t submit tips multiple times, doing so will cause all future submissions to be blocked.
- We don’t post local events on the blog, unless it is something larger that people might travel to attend. Please keep in mind that our readership is international and not focused on just one city.
- Don’t submit crowdfunded campaigns before they have publicly launched.
- Don’t submit embargoed items. Wait until everything is ready to be posted about and then submit.
- We do not post contests, competitions or calls for participation/submissions.