Now in its third year, the 2012 East Bay Mini Maker Faire will “showcase the talent and creativity of the East Bay maker culture in a one-day, family-friendly festival featuring a spectacular line up of over 160 new and returning makers, performers, food vendors, and speakers.” The event happens Sunday, October 14, 2012 in Oakland’s Temescal District and tickets are available online or at the door (360 42nd Street, Oakland, California).
2012 FAIRE CONFIRMED HIGHLIGHTS so far include:
– Maker exhibits by local luminaries Flux Foundation, The Crucible, TweetHaus, BioFuel Oasis, MacGyverClass!, Lawrence Hall of Science, Kala Art Institute, Lego Jeep, Manifesto Bicycles, Paul Nosa, Backyard Orchards, Fixit Clinic, Backyard Orchards, Make:SF, PAPER PUNK, Open ROV, CamDAX, One Man Banjo, and over 100 more!
– Ride the astonishing pedal-powered amusement ride, Cyclofuge — Cyclecide’s largest and most amazing ride.
– East Bay debut of Bigfoot — The Musical, and music sets by East Bay Brass Band, Mark Growden, and Thingamajigs Performance Group.
– Booths to make and launch your own rocket, swipe a screen print, make butter, learn how to solder, as well as our complete textile hacking (and costume-making) room, the Swap-O-Rama-Rama
– The return of our Homesteader Stage on DIY domestic arts, including food, spirits, animal keeping, and more. Learn bread making from Pizzaiolo’s baker, David Surcamp, home coffee roasting with Sweet Maria’s Coffee, and more.
– The East Bay’s best crafters, selling their lovely wares to those interested in getting a head start on holiday shopping.? The best of the East Bay food truck scene, curated by Bites off Broadway.