guest post by Burstein!
This video of ancient computer equipment playing Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” is utterly amazing. Artist bd594 clearly has been playing with old computer equipment qua musical instruments for a while, as shown by his floppy disk rendition of Star Wars music and Funkytown.
There are millions of computers sitting idle at home consuming phantom electricity. Let’s see where all that power is going. This is dedicated to all fans of Queen and hey let’s not forget about Mike Myers and Dana Carvey of Wayne’s World.
Please note no effects or sampling was used.
What you see is what you hear (does that even make sense?):
- Atari 800XL was used for the lead piano/organ sound
- Texas Instruments TI-99/4a as lead guitar
- 8 Inch Floppy Disk as Bass
- 3.5 inch Harddrive as the gong
- HP ScanJet 3C was used for all vocals.