Kellogg’s has partnered with the collaborative restaurant resource Journee to present its first ever permanent café dedicated to all day cereal treats with yummy recipes developed by Milk Bar founder, chef and owner Christina Tosi. Set in the heart of Times Square, the Kellogg’s Café sports a colorfully simple dining room that was crafted by Chipman Design and decorated with chalk art by artist Steven Fragale. The café opens on July 4, 2016 through July 12, 2016 with limited hours – “Doors open at 8AM and close when the milk runs dry”. After the grand opening on July 13, 2016, the café begins its regular operating hours.
The heart of New York City is the new home of cereal innovation and delicious experimentation. On Monday, July 4, Kellogg’s is opening the doors to Kellogg’s NYC, its first-ever permanent café, located at 1600 Broadway (between W 48th and 49th Street). The café will serve dishes featuring Kellogg’s cereals combined with unique ingredients, all served with a side of fun. Kellogg’s NYC will be a destination that reminds guests of home and drives new curiosity around the cereal bowl…
Milk Based Creations
- Pistachio Lemon – Kellogg’s Special K Original®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, pistachios, lemon zest, thyme
- Berry Me in Green Tea – Kellogg’s Rice Krispies®, fresh strawberries, green tea powder
- The Chai Line – Kellogg’s Crispix®, fresh peaches, chai tea powder
Ice Cream Based Creations
- Life in Color – Kellogg’s Froot Loops®, lime zest, marshmallows, passion fruit jam
- Honey Buzz – Kellogg’s Honey Smacks®, honey, toasted pecan, banana chips
- You’re Cracklin’ Me Up– Kellogg’s Cracklin Oat Bran®, dried cranberries, white chocolate, toasted coconut
Guests also have the option to creatively customize their dishes by incorporating dozens of toppings and can also enjoy an assortment of juices and coffee from artisanal purveyors. With a fun new approach to service, customers won’t know what delicious treat might pop out of the cabinet door.
— Lifebleedsink (@lifebleedsink) June 29, 2016
images via Kellogg’s