“Double Happiness,” is a billboard reinvented as swing set by architect Didier Faustino. The piece was part of the 2009 Shenzhen-Hong Kong Bi-City Biennial of Urbanism and Architecture.
Double Happiness responds to the society of materialism where individual desires seem to be prevailing over all. This nomad piece of urban furniture allows the reactivation of different public spaces and enables inhabitants to reappropriate fragments of their city.
– Banksy Alters Billboard on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles
– Billboard Liberation Front Partners With Phillip Morris
– Berlin Billboards Modified With HUD From Original 1993 Version of Doom Video Game
– New York Street Advertising Takeover, Painting Over Illegal Billboards With Original Art
– Pranksters Install Swings on BART Public Transit System in San Francisco
photo via Mésarchitecture