photo by Scott Beale
If you are going to SXSW Interactive 2010, then the one panel that my can’t miss is “How To Not Be A Douchebag At SXSW” on Friday, March 12th, organized by Ed Hunsinger, who along with Violet Blue and John Adams will help answer questions like:
– Who is “that guy” and how do I avoid being him?
– How do I self-promote without being a douchebag?
– What words instantly make me sound like I don’t know what I’m talking about?
– How do I not come off looking like an obnoxious PR flack?
– How do I pitch my product/service/technology?
– How do I handle an open bar?
– How should I ask questions at panels and presentations?
– What is the proper Twitter/Foursquare etiquette at SXSW?
– How can I treat the locals graciously?
– How can I make a connection with someone I’m attracted to and not come across like a marketing dweeb? (i.e. — hooking up, the undouche way)