Thanks to everyone who made it out Saturday night for Laughing Squid Paradise Lost. Here are some photos, videos and blog posts from the event.
We would like to give a shout-out to all of people who made this event possible.
- An extra special thanks goes out our our awesome co-organizer, permit wrangler and stage manager Helena “Noona” Nolan.
- Our art and installations including Cyclecide and their Ferris Wheel, The Neverwas Runabout, Jon Sarriugarte and his SS Alpha Fox & Fire Garden, Photoboof, the (fire free) Flaming Lotus Girls, Art Cars, Doggie Diner Dog Heads, the visuals by On The Fly Films and the fabulous Squid Tiki by Loid Mongoloid.
- Our excellent bars run by Black Rock Arts Foundation (organized by Freddy Hanne) and Milton’s pirate bar.
- The Black Rock Rangers for their help keeping our event safe.
- Our volunteer coordinator Rick Abruzzo and all of the volunteers that helped out with the event.
UPDATE 1: Check out Valleywag’s awesome write-up on Julia Allison, the clueless woman who was completely obnoxious to our door staff, shocked that they didn’t immediately recognize who she was (we still don’t know) and that we had the nerve to try to charge her admission to an event that she knew nothing about and was trying to crash. Next time, do us a favor, stay in New York.
UPDATE 2: Adrienne So wrote a story on Laughing Squid Paradise Lost for Wired: “Paradise Lost, Found Again at Laughing Squid Benefit”