Well, Steve Jobs came through again and dropped a bomb with this morning’s Macword Keynote. He announced a replacement for the PowerBook line, the new MacBook Pro, which will be running Intel Core Duo (two processors on one chip) and is 4x faster than the old G4 PowerMac processor. This looks like one mean machine.
– 15.4-inch widescreen display
– 1.67 or 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
– 667MHz frontside bus and main memory
– PCI Express architecture
– Up to 120GB Serial ATA hard drive
– ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with up to 256MB memory on 16-lane PCI Express
– ExpressCard/34 slot
– Dual-link DVI, VGA adapter included
– One FireWire 400 port, two USB 2.0 ports
– Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
– Slot-loading SuperDrive
– Illuminated keyboard, Scrolling TrackPad
– Built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, and Gigabit Ethernet
– Mac OS X Tiger with iLife ’06 featuring iWeb, iWork ’06 trial, and more
Jobs also announce a new iMac that will be using the Intel Core Duo processor as well.